- February 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: SEO
On Page SEO Checklist – Top 5 Things to Check
On-page SEO encompasses a specific set of measures that you should take in your website to make its position better in search engine result pages by improving the relevant traffic. Concerning content, optimize it by creating useful meta description and title tags. Besides, there are several other measures you should consider.
We discuss here the top five things to check while performing on-page SEO. However, before discussing them, it is important to understand the importance of on-page SEO.
Why on-page SEO?
On-page SEO is among the most important aspects when you execute internet marketing for your site. It makes search engines’ job easy and simple. Search engines determine the quality of the webpage by checking the relevance of content to audiences’ queries on the search engine.
Top 5 Things to Check On-Page
As part of the SEO strategy, for your site, take care to check these five things:
The Title tag is the most crucial point you must take care of as part of your on-page SEO.
- Check for keywords. You must have the keywords at the start of the title tag. If not, it should be as close as possible.
- Use words like the best, the top, compelling, sensible, smart. These will help the keywords rank well.
- Keep the length of the title in 40 to 70 characters.
- Check if title is in <h1> tag
- Enclose the title in the <h1tag>. Tag creation happens automatically in most CMSs.
Check your site code and fix it.
Readers may note that a meta description is a small note of not more than 155 characters making an HTML tag. It gives the gist of page content.
- Check meta descriptions
- Check if the keyword is in the meta description. The meta description of the page must have the keyword relevant to the content.
Metadescrtion is a potent factor that could boost the click-through-rate (CTR) when they are clean and trustworthy.
A well-written meta description is the valid ‘ticket’ for visitors to make them get into the page by clicking on the URL.
Use URLs that are good for SEO
According to Google, the beginning three to five words in
Your URLs are more import than others.
- Check for the target keyword. It should be in the URL (at the beginning).
- Keep your target keyword in the URL for sure.
- Don’t make the URL terrible because it cannot bring any sense.
- Don’t make the URL too long. Long URLs will bring issues in UX.
Images, videos, etc.
Having quality and relevant text consent on your page is important. Along with this, the optimization of images and other multimedia content is significant as well.
- Name the Image File Your Keyword
- Add a relvant keyword in the image title, description, Alt-Txt, etc.
- Does the page have relevant videos?
- Videos make page engaging
- Check for all images, videos, etc. if they are optimized.
All images, videos, etc. must be relevant to the page
The design of the webpage
- Check if the page is responsive. By responsiveness, it implies the page is accessable on any devices, including smartphones, tabs, etc. without vitiating the quality.
- Having a responsive site is significant because Google penalizes sites that are not compatible with smartphones since 2015.
- Mobile first indexing is now a prominent ranking factor for Google. The solution is a responsive web design.
You can check these points quickly. If you feel it’s cumbersome, the best thing is to consult a Dallas SEO service provider such as SEO Cherry.
About SEO Cherry
Based out of Dallas, Texas, United States, SEO Cherry has been in the business of providing quality Internet marketing strategies for the past several years. We execute SEO, responsive web design, paid search services. Our budgets are most optimal for large as well as small businesses. We bring you the optimal ROI for each of your bucks.
To interact with us, call us at +1 214-495-1312. Visit us at https://seocherry.com/.